The  title producer is thrown around quite loosely in hip hop. There are many things that go into the production of a record that makes the difference between a beatmaker and a producer easily distinguishable. Anyway we can get into that debate much more in depth at another time. I invite all producers (and beatmakers as well) to gather here to promote their work  and network.

Peace

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GREAT TOPIC! ---------> A BEAT MAKER can slap MPC pads or any other brand sequencer or keyboard......They can make ill rhythms and even take ill samples and chop them up. And These tracks can be HOT too!! MC's would even jump at the drop of a dime to rap on some of them.......BUT A PRODUCER can hear certain sounds and place them in odd spots to create a suttle musical experience to the ear. A PRODUCER can understand melody and structure to a song.....the importance of an intro, chorus, and a bridge. A PRODUCER will be willing and not afraid to go outside the box...maybe make a 12 bar verse or switch time signatures.......A BEAT MAKER usually stays with in the strict guidelines of 16 verse with a 4 or 8 bar chorus and rarely strays. PRODUCERS usually play multiple instruments or at least one and knows the basics of an 8 note scale....and the differences of moods between Minor and Major scales. BEATS MAKERS mostly never touched an instrument (besides drums).

The RZA is a PRODUCER <---------------> ARAAB MUZIK is a BEAT MAKER!!!!!!!!!

DJ INTRIGUE - #36 Chambers Radio Show MONDAYS 9-10pm on www.WuTangRadio.com 

PEACE!!!

OH NO DOUBT...I SEE IT AS A PRODUCER CAN JUST HAVE THE FUNDS FOR THE MPC'S PRO TOOL'S MIDI'S ETC...AND MAY NOT EVEN KNOW HOW TO MAKE A BEAT...HE JUST PRODUCE THE MONEY FACTOR. THE BEAT MAKER HOW EVER SEEMS TO HAVE THE TALENT THE CAPABILITIES THE KNOW HOW. BUT YET HE MAY NOT OWN THE PRODUCTION COST OR VALUE. BUT YET THE PRODUCER CAN MAKE BEATS AND BE NICE BEHIND THE BOARDS AT THE SAME TIME. IM SURE STEVE JOB'S (APPLE INC.) NEVER SIT UP DAY N NIGHT WORKING ON THEM I PAD'S LOL..HIS INPUT IS RELEVANT BUT HIS PEOPLE DO IT FOR HIM...HE JUST APPROVES IT. HE DRAWS OUT THE MAP...ME PERSONALLY IM LIKE A MAESTRO .....I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO MAKE THE BEAT SOUND PHAT..WILL GUIDE YOU THE SOUND I WANT. I WILL PLAY IT OUT FOR YOU......BUT I DON'T OWN A MPC OR PRO TOOL'S ETC.....SO WHAT DOES THAT REALLY MAKE A PERSON LIKE ME......?
Producers don't create just a beat but (usually) mix & master everything and (often) write the lyrics to their records. 
Beat maker is just one part of this process (same as song writer for lyrics and engineer for mix & master)

If you are really interested in music, recommended you to visit this

website

RSS

Social Networks

WU RADIO MOBILE APP

© 2018   Created by Wu-Tang Management and Wu-Tang Clan. Copyright 2018 An Official Wu-Tang site.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service